Tuesday, May 5, 2020

St. Anthony School

After my parents and I discovered that the Shelton School would not be a viable option. They started searching for new schools to fix my profile. We visited the St. Anthony school in 2007, it seemed like it would be a good fit for me. I remembered they even had a Karate class on Wednesdays. The school probably had 40 or so students in the entire student body. It was also a peculiar experience having gym class on a carpeted floor, risking rug burn every time you fell.   

The teachers at the school were definitely a step up from those of Shelton but not even close in comparison to the teachers I would have at Winston. It was not long until I dreaded going to school everyday. I, for the most part, didn't have any friends at that school to associate with. Also the classroom was solitary and depressing. Everyone's desk was pushed up against and facing a wall and there was for the most part no socializing in the classroom or much outside of it. I couldn't really say that there was a single class that I enjoyed.

As a struggled during my time at St. Anthony, I would always go get something to eat after school. Whenever my dad picked my up from school we would go get fast food or something to make me feel better. We would usually go to McDonald's and get a shake but some days it may be a snow cone or a slur-pee. Unfortunately, my unhealthy habit would continue for the next couple years. Only when I found Winston did school become enjoyable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment